Best in Class People
Reliance Student Transportation is looking for BEST IN CLASS people to transport local York County, Pennsylvania school students in a safe, creative, courteous and reliable manner. Reliance drivers are local, stay at home parents or grandparents, retired persons, or employed persons looking for additional income. Reliance employees embrace high morals, patience and a fondness for children.
Why Bus Driving?
Being a bus driver for Reliance Student Transport is an extremely rewarding job. There are a lot of part-time jobs available, but not many that have such a big impact. Here are a few reasons why our drivers enjoy their job.
- Being greeted by friendly faces each morning
- Being a positive role model for the community
- Split shifts that allow them time in the afternoon for doctors’ appointments, errands, hobbies
- A passenger policy that allows parents to work part-time without expensive daycare
- The camaraderie among drivers
- Holidays and summers off
Pay and Benefits
Drivers can be assigned to work mornings and/or afternoons. Your schedule will match the district’s calendar for parents or grandparents with children attending the school district, so you will be home when they are. Reliance school bus and van drivers enjoy holidays and summers off!
- Paid training
- $100/day after training completion for bus drivers and $75/day for van drivers. Based on 4.5 guaranteed/hour day.
- Monday through Friday, split shift
- Passenger policy
- Weekends and holidays off
- Opportunities for additional income by driving athletic and field trips
- Drivers may be entitled to unemployment compensation during times when their school district is off
While no previous bus driving experience is required, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 21 or older
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- Minimum three years of driving experience
- Class B CDL, school bus endorsement, no air brake restriction (bus driver), or complete Reliance Bus Driver Training to obtain necessary licenses and endorsements.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Meet school bus driver physical requirements
- GED/High School Diploma at a minimum
- No more than 2 moving violations and one preventable DOT accident in the prior 36 months.
- No DUI/ DWI in the past ten (10) years
Bus Driver Training
Don’t have a Class B CDL? No worries, our certified school bus instructors will provide you with the training needed to pass all written and skills tests to obtain your Pennsylvania class B CDL with passenger endorsement. And the best part is, we’ll pay for your training! Our Pennsylvania Bus Driver Training program includes:
- A minimum fourteen (14) hours of classroom training
- Six (6) hours one-on-one vehicle familiarity and driving instruction (in-bus training). This will prepare the prospect driver for the required Class B CDL, School Bus and Passenger endorsements with no air brake restriction.
If you want a rewarding, flexible part-time career with a great team atmosphere, join our team. Call Vicky at (717) 748-9699 to learn more.