Best in Class People
Reliance is looking for BEST IN CLASS people to transport local York County, Pennsylvania school students in a safe, creative, courteous and reliable manner. Reliance drivers are local, stay at home parents or grandparents, retired persons, or employed persons looking for additional income. Reliance employees embrace high morals, patience and a fondness for children.
Pay and Benefits
Drivers are paid a daily rate based upon route length. Contact us about current driver rates.
Drivers can earn up to 10% additional daily pay with Reliance’s attendance incentive program.
Athletic and Field Trips
Drivers can earn additional income outside the normal school hours by driving athletic and field trips throughout Central Pennsylvania and Northern Maryland. Drivers are paid the same hourly rate for driving and layover time.
Reliance offers a flexible schedule. Drivers can be assigned to work mornings and/or afternoons. For parents or grandparents with children attending the school district, your schedule will match the district’s calendar so you will be home when they are. Reliance school bus and van drivers enjoy holidays and summers off!
Drivers may be entitled to collect unemployment compensation during times when the school district is off.
Gratitude and Appreciation
Reliance drivers get to experience one of the most rewarding feelings in life: a child’s genuine display of gratitude and appreciation. Combined with the gratitude and appreciation of a parent, the school district and Reliance leadership, being a Reliance driver is truly a life experience.
Age: Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Minimum of three (3) years driving experience
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania Class C license or CDL
- No major criminal violations/felonies committed in last ten (10) years
- Clean criminal history record as evidenced by Pennsylvania State Police history check
- Clean child abuse record
- Complete FBI clearance check (fingerprints)
- Pass a physical examination and not have any communicable disease
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- No experience is necessary
- Reliance’s certified school bus instructors will provide at a minimum fourteen (14) hours of classroom training, six (6) hours one on one vehicle familiarity and driving instruction (in-bus training). This will prepare the prospect driver for the required CDL B, school bus and air brake endorsements written and driving test.
- List past driving experience, employers, and types of vehicles driven.
- No more than 2 moving violations and one preventable DOT accident in the prior 36 months.
- No DUI/ DWI in the past ten (10) years
There are many very important duties and responsibilities that you have as a bus or driver. Students and their parents/guardians, as well as the district personnel count on you to be polite, courteous, and on time. They expect that you will get the students to and from school safely and supervise them well. You are also expected to follow the established rules, guidelines, policies, procedures, and practices of the district and Reliance. It is expected that you will be courteous and respectful to your supervisors, facility employees, and your coworkers. Getting along with others is a very important part of the job.
General duties include:
- You shall never use a school bus or van for personal or unauthorized purposes.
- You shall only transport authorized passengers. Authorized passengers are determined by the district.
- Smoking is never permitted on or near the school buses or vans, school property or Reliance property.
- You may never bring or carry firearms, knives, or other potential weapons to or on district or Reliance property.
- If you are absent or late, you MUST NOTIFY the terminal Manager at least thirty (30) minutes prior to your assigned start time.
- Personal cell phones are prohibited and should not be used while driving or on duty.
- Two-way radio is for district and Reliance business only.
- Clean, properly fitted and appropriate dress for transporting students is expected. This includes no bare mid-drift, spandex pants or “short” shorts. Closed toe shoes are required at all times (no flip flops)
- Follow your assigned route specifically as the route sheet indicates. Do not deviate. If you are running more than 10 minutes late, let the district or Manager know. Only pickup or drop off assigned students at their assigned bus stop.